Federal and State Criminal Defense Representation
Federal Crimes Defense Attorney
It’s true that the federal criminal court system is in many ways similar to the state system, but a number of key differences critical to the success of your case must be addressed. At the federal level, resources for the prosecution are essentially limitless; investigations and court proceedings are extremely well-funded and staffed by high-ranking agents. Without the representation of an attorney with the right education and experience, defendants pay higher fines, serve longer sentences, and receive harsher rulings than those represented by qualified federal criminal defense attorney.
Karine Basmadjian, a former prosecutor with almost twenty years of courtroom experience and thousands of victories to her credit, is ready to vigorously defend you in the federal courts against criminal charges including but not limited to:
▪ Bank Fraud (18 U.S. Code § 1344): wrongfully obtaining money/property from a financial institution through deceptive means such as check forgery, accounting fraud, mortgage fraud and depositing stolen checks; impersonating a financial institution
▪ Money Laundering (18 U.S. Code § 1956): forming and/or operating a business with the intent to disguise the origin of money/property
▪ Health Care Fraud (18 U.S. Code § 1347): obtaining Medicare/Medicaid or other government medical benefits through misrepresentation
▪ Computer/Internet Crimes (18 U.S. Code § 1030): theft of money/property facilitated by computer/internet use (phishing scams, data mining, accessing financial information, fake retail/investment sites, etc.)
▪ Mail Fraud (18 U.S. Code § 1341): theft of money/property conducted via mail (employment scams, credit card fraud, MLM/Ponzi schemes, fake sweepstakes scams)
▪ Wire Fraud (18 U.S. Code § 1343): theft of money/property conducted via electronic communication such as wire transfers, radio and television
The Difference Between State and Federal Criminal Defense
There are hundreds of laws on the books that can result in arrests and convictions on behalf of the state, costing defendants huge portions of their freedom and livelihood. Criminal law investigation, prosecution, and sentencing at the federal level has even more serious implications.
The federal government’s unprecedented free rein to gather information to build the case they need and put you behind bars is fully enabled by the unlimited funds, resources, and highly skilled personnel at their disposal.
When you’re up against federal prosecutors, you need a criminal defense attorney with the experience and fortitude to go toe-to-toe with them in court and win. With a proven record of success representing federal defendants all over the U.S., Karine Basmadjian is ready to fight for you!
27 Years of Accumulated Practice
Ms. Basmadjian travels nationwide to provide clients with the strongest representation in the federal criminal courts. When your future is on the line, she puts her years of practical courtroom experience and passion for the law to work for you at the highest levels.
Contact Basmadjian Law Group at 800-818-4599 or online for a free consultation. The firm offers flexible office hours and appointment times, and your calls will be returned quickly.